The school implements a wide range of measures and policies, including our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. Details of these policies can be found in the policy attached below.
We are committed to inspiring, challenging and safeguarding our pupils and we know this is best achieved when we all work together.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (Jess Mills) with the support of the Deputy Safeguarding Lead (Emma Lawton):
- Ensures safeguarding is at the heart of the school ethos and that all staff and volunteers know how to recognise, respond and report any concerns.
- Liaise with parents and staff on matters of safety and safeguarding when deciding whether to make a referral.
- As required, liaise with the Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU) regarding any concerns.
- As required, liaise with the Local Authority if a concern has arisen regarding a member of staff or an adult in school.
- Act as a source of support, advice and expertise for parents and staff.
St Agnes Academy is an Operation Encompass School.
Operation Encompass is the reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child or young person has been exposed to, or involved in, any domestic incident.
Operation Encompass ensures that a member of the school staff, known as a Key Adult, is trained to allow them to liaise with the police and to use the information that has been shared in confidence. This enables us to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children, or their families, who have been involved in, or exposed to, a domestic abuse incident.
Our Key Adult is Jess Mills
Mrs Jess Mills
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Miss Emma Lawton
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead